Sunday, July 15, 2007

Eight Random Facts

Polly's thrown down the gauntlet and tagged me to write eight random facts about myself. So considering that my profile is so secretive and boring I'll take a break from the politics and barneys and give this a go.

1) Everyone's probably got this one but for me it takes a central role in my life and that's music. I play guitar and write songs and have done so since I was 14. I've been in several bands of varying styles including punk and what I call rock but others find it heavier than that (It's not Cold Chisel put it that way). I still write music (I can't stop) and play with random friends while I get a project under way.

2) I'm married!!! Which is something I thought I'd never do! We grew up in the same town and went to the same highschool, though we didn't know each other then and hooked up, broke up, hooked up again, broke up again, hooked up again then got married.

3) I'm at three and struggling!!! So this is a variation of one. My favourite music is performed by Mike Patton the former front man from Faith No More. He's involved in a load of projects with a load of artist and it's all good!!!! To me it's all good anyway as most just find it weird.

4) I love reading books, magazines and newspapers. I started by consuming history books on all topics as since I was little I always wanted to be an archaeologist like Indiana Jones. I couldn't get enough information on Egyptians and Vikings etc.... then it became world political history, then current politics and early Australian contact history.

5) I'm an atheist! I was never brought up in religion and I can't help but view it as odd and fantastic. To me, with all the knowledge and evidence we have on how the world and life began I can't understand how some still believe what is written in these archaic books, or that everything was created 6,000 years ago. As science encroaches on religion I can't help but find Christianities constant revising a tad silly, and stern religious fundamentalism's even scarier.

6) I work in a winery laboratory. It's not an area that I hold much interest in but I'm content for now. I peck away slowly at online university units out of interest and maybe in the hope of something bigger but we'll see.

7) Nearly there! Love to travel, especially OS. Mostly been around S. E. Asia (bloody hot) and Japan (bloody cold at the time). Loved Laos, Thailand, Vietnam and didn't mind Cambodia but loved Angkor Wat!!!! I recommend everyone see it if you haven't already.

8) Thank god (I guess that's ironic)! How about a description? I'm sandy blonde with blue eyes (Hitler would have loved me) pretty tall and pretty slim.

Pheeewwww!